Author Topic: Video Troubleshooting (Black screen, blue screen, TV shutting off, 4K & more)  (Read 13859 times)

Michael Spencer

• Administrator
  • Welcome to the StreamSmart Forum
When I enter KODI it just sits on a black screen.
•  Click KODI button on your remote to return to the Android home screen. Go into StreamSmart Tools and do a speed test to make sure you are getting good speeds, if you are getting around 1mg that is causing the black screen and you will need to follow the steps in this FAQ to improve your speed. If you are getting 10mg or more on the speed test and still are getting the black screen then reinstall kodi from StreamSmart Tools and wait a minute then try Kodi again.

When I turn my box on I only have a blue screen.
•  This means that either the HDMI cord and or the power cord are not sitting properly in the port.  Check the plugs on both the back of your box and your TV.  Unplug them and Press the plug securely into the slot and your video should appear.

When I turn my box on I only have a black screen
Press the video or input or source button on your tv remote to toggle through the video inputs.  If thats not the cure tgen its  either the HDMI cord and or the power cord are not sitting properly in the port.  Check the plugs on both the back of your box and your TV.  Unplug them and Press the plug securely into the slot and your video should appear

My TV keeps shutting off.
•  First make sure you are using the original HDMI that came with your StreamSmart. If you are and still have this issue then disable CEC in TV HDMI settings (on your TV).
Still need help with this? Use the link below.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Disable+Cec+on+Samsung+TV+

What does "no stream available" mean?
•  It means exactly what it says, that stream is not available on that link. Try another link.
If it’s a new movie it can be that no links has a stream available and only the trailer is available for viewing

My unit will not boot up, what do I do?
•  Hard pin reset:
Unplug box, stick a pin or paperclip in the small whole on right hand side,  plug box in and hold in for 8 - 10 seconds, release pin, choose “wipe-data factory reset”, when this is done choose reboot

I have a 4K TV and my StreamSmart will not display any video
•  Hook it up to a non 4K TV to change the following.
On the main android screen keep scrolling right and go into HDMI output and turn off HDMI auto detection. Change the HZ to what matches your 4K TV. Now it will work on that 4K TV

I have a 4K TV and a 4K Streamsmart
- Currently the pro and and the retired s5 are the only units capable of streaming in 4K .
- Once your streamsmart is connected and updated press the android home button on your streamsmart remote or the red Kodi button to go-to the android home screen ( not inside the media center) now scroll right to HDMI output.
- Choose the highest resolution that your TV handles.  For 4K TV's choose 4K with 60hz.  Non 4K boxes you typically choose auto. 

The Video and Sound seem to be out of Sync Sometimes
•  Sometimes a small number streams have sync issues. If this occurs you can either select another stream or you can adjust the audio to sync with the video by pushing okay, scroll right to the audio and adjust the sync.
•  You can also push A on the keyboard remote or the Audio button on your standard remote.

How do I Pair my Bluetooth to my box?
•  Click home on remote/go to advanced/more settings/Bluetooth

My screen is sideways
• Press the home button on your remote/Advanced /application request to change orientation in settings.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 10:04:41 AM by Michael Spencer »